Handz – On, Inc’s., goal is to take individuals facing Acquired Brain Injuries (ABI), Mental Health Disabilities and other Physical Disabilities and Limitations, out of hospitals and nursing homes and placing them back into the community with support services and resources, while helping them and their families realize and achieve each individuals highest potential, in order to maximize their quality of life.
- Intensive psychiatric rehabilitation provided in the participant’s home and in other community settings
- Attention to both psychiatric and medical needs
- Emphasis on wellness and recovery
- Person-Centered Planning leading to development of an Individualized Recovery Plan
- Use of peer supports provided by people trained and certified in rehabilitative care, who know from first-hand experience about recovery from mental illness
- Community Support Program (CSP) – A flexible, team-based approach to community rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation and Support Services
Homemaker, companion, personal care, and in-home respite services designed to help a participant maintain his/her own home.https://www.mithos-agency.com/
- Peer Support – Provides support to develop the skills that enable participants to become more independent, integrated into and productive in their communities.
- TCM: Transitional Care Management – Services provided during the weeks prior to, and immediately following discharge from a nursing home, to help locate and set up a suitable apartment or other living arrangements.
- Transportation – Handz-On, Inc. is committed to servicing safe and reliable non-medical transportation to all our clients to and from their destinations (Hampden County).
- Individual Support and Community Habilitation Staff (ISCH) – Is a teaching service. Assessment & training in self-care; medication management; task completion; communication & interpersonal skills; socialization; sensory/motor skills; mobility & community transportation skills; problem solving skills; money management; and the ability to maintain a household.
- Skilled Nursing – Quality nursing care provided to individuals and groups. Responsibilities are health maintenance, teaching, counseling, collaborative planning and restoration of optimal functioning and comfort.
- Home Health Aide – Enab les clients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording client condition; providing support and personal services; teaching families.
- Adult Companion – Non-medical care: the companion may accompany client on movie nights, day trips, assist in or supervise such tasks as meal preparation or laundry, perform light housekeeping tasks, cuing and/or hands-assistance with activities of daily living.
- PCA: Patient Care Assistant – Services provided under the direct supervision of healthcare professionals. Assisting patients with tasks such as bathing, dressing and eating.
- Chore Services – Non-medical care: assist in or supervise such tasks as meal preparation or laundry, perform light housekeeping tasks, cuing and/or hands on assistance with activities of daily living.